How to get started with Mindfulness
When starting out with a mindfulness practice it is good to have one meditation moment each day.
If this is not happening for you right from the start though, don’t worry!
Give yourself some slack and let it slowly integrate into a daily practice.
The basics of it is:
1. A PLACE TO SIT, A WAY TO SIT
Find a place to sit, and make this your meditation space.
It could be on the floor on a cushion or on your bed (pillow under your butt) or on the edge of a chair.
Try tilting your pelvis forward until you find that your spine can shoot straight up without very much effort. Find a way to sit that makes you feel proud, worthy and alert.
An alert body brings an alert mind.
2. BASIC MINDFULNESS MEDITATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Close your eyes, relax your body, yet remain alert.
- Focus on your breathing, feel the sensations of the breath in the body, perhaps at the nostrils, chest or belly.
- Whenever your attention follows a thought, and you notice this (congratulations!) choose to bring your attention back to your breath.
Again, and again, and again.
This is it. This is the practice. It sounds simple, it is simple, but it is not easy.
3. FIND THE TOOLS THAT RESONATE WITH YOU
In the beginning it is not easy to meditate on your own, so I encourage you to find a Mindfulness App that you like, which gently guides you through the meditation or a meditation timer if you are ok on your own.
You are also very welcome to join my eCourse “Peace & Balance”.
> If you liked this, please share or pin it!